Works great.
I got this grinder for Christmas and I love it! It works really well and produces baby powder fine coffee wich is needed in a Turkish coffee pot. I really like the hand made’ness of it. Mine has a few cosmetic flaws but it adds to the character, it is Turkish after all. They’ve been making them the same way forever.
There have been alot of negative comments regarding the fine grind. IT’S FOR TURKISH COFFEE! It’s not for a french press, percolator or espresso machine. As far as the adjustibility goes, it is only meant to adjust the burrs as they wear, not to drastically alter the texture of the grind.
I’ve also read some negative reviews about the finish quality. If you’re into modern styling and clean lines this isn’t for you. It’s made by hand with a sand mold and hand tools. This means that the finish will be a little rough and each one will be a little different than the last, but I think that’s cool.
A review of the long version stated that it was…
Elegant and effective
It takes a lot of cranking to grinding to get a teaspoon of fine powder so if you just want to dump beans into a devise and have the powder come out quickly, this is not for you. I like the grinding it goes into the charm of the whole prosses.
This piece looks great and produces perfect fine coffee powder for Turkish or Greek coffee.
The grinder produces not very fine coffee….
While I’m very happy with the look of this grinder, I’m quite disappointed with its performance. I was hoping to get powder fine coffee out of this grinder, because this is crucial for making good turkish coffee. Unfortunately, the grinder I’ve got produces coffee similar to whatever you can get from electrical grinder, not fine enough for making turkish coffee. I’m just wondering if it’s possible to adjust the grinder for finer grinding?
I’ll appreciate any advice on improving the grinder performance.
Click to Editorial Reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment