Thursday, December 19, 2013

Bialetti Easy Cafe 6-Cup Espresso Maker



Complete Package!

If you like expresso or lattes and you are looking for convenience and portability, here’s your answer. Simply unscrew the top from the bottom. Fill the bottom to the line with water. Place the metal filter in the bottom and fill with your favorite ground coffee. Now, screw the top half of the pot back on – place the pot on the electric heating plate and wait 5-6 minutes to pour excellent coffee. I like to warm lowfat milk in the microwave while I wait. The coffee beeps when it’s ready, and you simply pour. Sweeten to taste. A full pot makes one venti-sized latte or six espresso sized portions. Barristas unite!

Excellent electric espresso moka pot!

I owned the first model of Bialetti electric moka pot, which didn’t have a separate base. It was used daily with no problem, then just stopped working. It was still under warranty so the company replaced it with this model as soon as it was available; it was distributed in Italy before the USA. Their customer service staff were wonderful to work with.


The difference in the new electric moka model is that the base, which houses the electric switch, is now separate. I’ve been using this model daily for almost a year now, with absolutely no problems.


Stovetop models make a better “espresso type” coffee, producing some crema on top. I still use my stovetop moka pots at home because I have the leisure time to watch & listen for the brewing to finish.


The electric pot is kept at work, where I can enjoy wonderful coffee brewing right in my office, instead of the tasteless coffee brewed in the breakroom. Not having to worry about the coffee burning, if I have…

Great taste, but it broke!

The coffee is great – fuller and richer than with our Mr. Coffee. We loved our little pot – and after three weeks, the power base just stopped working. The return to Target will be simple – just drop it by the store – but I hesitate to buy another.


For those who dare: be sure to keep your coffeemaker very dry [it's best to store it disassembled], be careful never to add water above the escape valve [or it can blow], screw it together tightly and hold the coffeemaker not the handle when you twist. And for us, this made one large mug.


I’m giving it a 3 since it broke so soon [and believe me, I pampered the little pot]. The coffee tastes great!

Click to Editorial Reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment