Outstanding
I picked one of these from the Japanese House at Disney World’s Epcot Center. I had a ceramic set for a couple of years already and wanted a second set for the office. So far, it hasn’t disappointed. The set is solid, heavy, cast iron with a nice coating. No rust, so far and it should stay rust-free for as long as you don’t scratch the coating. Needless to say, it hasn’t passed unnoticed at the office and I already know someone who ordered one of these after sharing a cup of white tea.
I am using it for brewing white tea Revolution Tea White Chai Tea, Organic, 15-Count Pyramid Teabags (Pack of 6). My boss, who lives in Oxford, England and is a life-long tea drinker became an instant convert to both white tea and to using this pot. The little iron cups can get quite hot if you pour hot tea in them (watch out) but they look cool and you should not end up with burned lips if you are reasonably careful.
suziehomemaker74
This was an amazing gift for my daughter who loves her tea and her new kettle with cups. Even though the cups are small that really doesn’t make a huge difference with the kettle full she gets about 3 regular size cups of tea. The cast iron kettle keeps the tea hot and little cast iron tea cups keep the tea hot also. So while she does her homework she gets at least three cups of hot tea without having to run downstairs and make a new cup!
Great Little Pot
I have used this tea pot almost every day since I got it for Christmas.
The cast iron keeps it nice and warm for quite a while, especially if you rinse it with hot water before filling. The mesh strainer works great with most loose leaf tea… it’s not quite fine enough for rooibois tea, but few tea strainers are. It pours beautifully! The handle stays nice and cool to the touch, though the pot and cups get pretty hot.
Be aware, it IS cast iron, so you must take care to rinse and dry the pot thuroughly after each use so it doesn’t rust.
The only downside is… I wish I had 2 more matching cups for when I entertain friends, and I can’t seem to find them anywhere. Boo
I love my tea pot!
Click to Editorial Reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment